lørdag 19. juli 2008

Fire Sale by Sara Paretsky

Sara Paretsky is one of my favourite writers. I have read almost all of her books. I'm not sure, but I think all of them are crime stories - which I love... Her gumshoe (private investigator) is a woman called V. I. Warshawski. Miss Warshawski is a woman in her forties now I think and Paretsky has followed her through different boyfriends and investigations for a few years. She has a sense of humor and at the same time is very practical and a little bit not girly.

Fire sale is about a lot of different things that happen in the neighborhood where miss Warshawski grew up. She has temporarily taken on the girls basketball team at the high school because her coach at the time she went to high school is ill. Through the basketball team and a reporter, whom she knows, she gets entangled in a couple of different stories. Like in all good crime stories everything all falls together towards the end.

I liked the book! I borrowed it from the library yesterday morning, started reading at about 1 or 2 pm yesterday and finished it about 6 pm today. So I read through it pretty fast - just the way I like it.

Ingen kommentarer: